Tuesday, August 19, 2008

It's That Time

Yes, it's that time of year. I've spent the past week trying to get my life at home organized so that I can go back to work. Today, I bit the bullet and went in to school. I spent the afternoon unpacking things I had to pack up at the end of the year, trying to find where things had been moved to (for some reason, a bunch of my books were stashed in a closet), and generally getting things ready for students to arrive next week. As much as I've enjoyed this summer and spending the time getting settled into my new house, I am definitely ready to get back to work. It looks like it'll be a busy year. My classes all look pretty large, I'm teaching a new class in the spring, and then I have my extracurricular duties on top of that. After a summer of gardening and couch riding, though, I'm ready for the challenge. As Billy Madison would say, "Yahoo for school!"

No comments: