Friday, August 15, 2008

MIA for a Reason

I know I haven't posted much this week. Between spending hours glued to the Olympics, getting ready to go back to work and the meetings attached to that, and making sure I'm leaving my house in order to go back to work, I just haven't had as much time to sit in front of the computer thinking of witty things to write.

I am working on something about the Olympics, an obsession I've developed this week that has shocked even me. As I've said many times before, I'm not really much of a sports person. Yeah, I'll watch the occasional Cubs game or go support my students at the occasional volleyball or basketball game (heck, I've even been known to go to the occasional high school football game!), but it's not something I will spend hours watching obsessively. Until this week and this man right here. I will be glad when his gold medal run is over because the stress of worrying about whether he's going to make it or not is becoming unbearable for me! Between him and the tension of the Nastia Luikin-Shawn Johnson showdown last night, I'm a wreck!

1 comment:

Danielle Filas said...

Post a picture like that and no red-blooded American woman (nor many of the men) would begrudge you your obsession!

No- you know I'm in the same boat. But I'm not shocked by it- happens every 4 years for me!

And although I thought Shawn was amazing and got robbed (especially on beam! Seriously- are her feet magnetized?)- I am glad Nastia won simply so her dad wouldn't disown you. Did you hear that stuff, that silver wasn't good enough? Hello Betty Ford Clinic, I'd like to make a reservation...