Sunday, August 31, 2008

Why I Love Sundays

Earlier this summer, I waxed rhapsodic about my love of Sundays -- a day of seemingly endless possibilities which glows like this last-stop oasis in a busy week. This Sunday morning, as I sit in bed waiting for Meet the Press to start with my laptop on my lap, I am reminded of another reason why I love Sunday. Sunday is the day when the New York Times prints Maureen Dowd's column. Maureen Dowd is one of my idols. Her combination of wit, intelligence, and femininity is an inspiration to an amateur blogger like me. Today's column is particularly good as she casts the Sarah Palin story as a Lifetime chick flick. Maureen Dowd is what I want to be when I grow up! When you add to it that Frank Rich also runs on Sunday, it's a great day for a political junkie like me.

And yes, we're talking the same Frank Rich who once made Broadway divas shake in their shoes for fear of a bad review from his pen. He's left his theatre criticism behind for really intelligent political commentary. I never fail to learn something from Rich's column each Sunday. Maybe I want to be Frank Rich when I grow up. Hmmmmmm . . . .

No comments: